Friday, January 14, 2011

Pillows!!!

In the spirit of household projects, lets consider pillows!  They are an easy, fun, and fairly inexpensive way to change things up.  I am by no means a seamstress, but I can sew a pillow.  I have even been known to put invisible zippers into mine. 

During January, the fabric/craft stores frequently have 50% off sales on their decorative fabrics. 
I have made pillows for my living room, my girls' rooms, and my bedroom over the years.  It is also a lot of fun to add trim or decorative elements to store bought pillows to make then more unique. 
There seem to be endless options for decorative pillows now.  Boutiques and standard stores have unique varieties all of the time.  You don't have to sew a stitch to change it up a bit.  But, if you do decide to go for the hand made variety...really go for it, and coordinate some drapes/curtains as well.  You won't believe the difference a little fabric can make!

No comments: