Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh Yeah!

I went shopping today (first time since my medical complication!) with my little girl.  Because I hadn't been out in the stores for so long, I was really shocked by how many holiday items are already out.  BOO many of you think, WOO HOO!!  I say.  This is the time, when you are less stressed and can think more clearly to start digging in with the many necessary purchases.

Chances are pretty good that you won't forget a gift for your mom, significant other, or children, but it is what I call the "oh yeah" gifts that can add to the stress.  Dance teachers, co-workers, babysitters, and school teachers can slip your mind when you start making the BIG list. 

I don't know about you, but I usually do not remember the gifts that I receive, but I do remember the thought and kindness of the person who gave to me.  DON'T stress about the gifts!  It really is the thought that counts.  I like to pick up several "oh yeah" gifts throughout the year when they are on good sales.  Back in July I found a great sale on Salt City Candles, and had 9 shipped to my house for $37.00.

There are still many "oh yeah" deals out there.  While you are out running your regular errands, keep your eyes out and throw some in the cart.  Having a good stash on hand will relieve some of the holiday stresses.

No comments: