Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Organizing is NOT a 4 letter word!

Actually it is a 10 letter word, and many people have very different ideas as to what it means for them and their lives. For me, it is a continual effort to make my life easier. The way a person looks at organization can make or break their success with it.

I found the following poem when I was doing research for an organization class I taught several years ago. I often say, you can have it all, but not all at the same time, and that certainly applies to organizing too. We can NOT do it all at the same time, and will kill ourselves if we keep trying. Pace yourselves, find projects that will make your lives easier, and don't take on so much that you get overwhelmed and quit before you enjoy your successes.

My goal is to try to post simple tips, projects, and ideas to make things run more smoothly in all of our lives.
Good luck, and happy organizing!

“The Girl in a Whirl"
by Dr. Sue

Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do if you only knew how.
I study the scriptures one hour each day,
I bake, I upholster, I scrub and I pray.
I always keep all the commandments completely,
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms, I sew all they wear,
I drive them to practice, I cut all their hair.
I go to the temple at least once a week,
I change the car's tires and fix the sink's leak.
I'm taking a class on the teachings of Paul,
But that is not all, oh no, that is not all!
I play the piano and work on my talents,
My life is a wonder of fullness and balance.
I read to my children, I help all my neighbors,
I bless my community, too, with my labors.
Our family home evenings are always delightful,
The lessons I give are both fun and insightful.
I do genealogy faithfully, too.
It's easy to do all of the things that I do.
I have a home business to help make some money,
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
My visiting teaching is done the first day,
I exercise and I cook menus gourmet.
I can garden produce each summer and fall,
But that is not all, oh no, that is not all!
"It's easy," she said,
And then she dropped dead!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so excited to have another fellow blogger around!!! I can't wait to see what you'll post!

Anna said...

LOVE this poem. I have come to terms that I will never be perfect, but sometimes it feels like there are SO many things you have to do just to meat status quo! :)