Friday, July 23, 2010

Charity begins at home

I am continually trying to remind my children of their many blessings, and that not everyone has what they have. A true, and important point, but it works with organization as well!

My four year old just went through her toys saying, "I think kids who don't have toys will like...". I went through her selections with a fine tooth comb to make sure she wasn't getting rid of anything that was her sister's, or something I wanted to save. Then, I got together the best of it (all the pieces together, nothing broken, etc.), and chucked the rest. We will be going to make our donation tomorrow, and for now, we have really clean toy baskets!

I was amazed at what she was ready to part with, but these toys will be great for someone else to enjoy.

No comments: